Are you thinking of attending the conference, or submitting a paper? Why not take a look at our selection of abstracts for inspiration. We’ve received some fascinating proposals from all across the world and a broad range of fields.
These papers explore bridges that…
- span the generations
- are found in the midst of war, conflict or peace
- connect or divide communities
- are feats of engineering and world famous markers on the landscape
- have been lost to history, or are conserved for continued use
- are made from timber, stone, iron or steel
- are a legacy of the past, or a trailblazer for the future
- are stars of the digital age
- are immortalised in art and literature
- tell stories of wider cultural narratives
- had a role in economic development, industrialisation, and even love and spirituality.
These are just a few of the papers that have been selected so far. With the second call for papers still open (deadline 16 Jan), we are receivng new abstracts all the time and would welcome your contribution. Want to find out more?
- See the full list of abstracts, updated with new abstracts over the coming weeks: Abstracts
- See the full call for papers and submit an abstract: Call for papers